What is Digital Marketing?
Any marketing that makes use of electronic devices utilized by marketing professionals to provide promotional content and track its effectiveness throughout the consumer journey. Digital marketing refers to marketing initiatives that display on a computer, phone, tablet, or other devices in practice. Online video, display advertisements, search engine marketing (Google Ads), paid ads, social media postings, and ads on social media platforms are just a few examples.
The percentages of online presence are significantly higher among mobile users. 89% of Americans use the internet at least once a day, and 31% use it constantly. As a marketer, it’s important to take advantage of the digital world with an online advertising presence, by building a brand that brings more potential customers and more, with a digital strategy.
Digital Marketing Examples
Digital marketing, often known as online marketing, is the promotion of companies using the internet and other kinds of digital communication in order to engage with potential clients. This includes but is not limited to paid ads, social media (Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads), and web-based advertising like Google Ads, and Paid Ads.
Types of Digital Marketing
With the variety of platforms on the Internet, Digital Marketing can be of many kinds. These are some types of Digital Marketing given below:
- SEO (search engine optimization) Google Searches
- Marketing with Content: Blogs and Articles about products
- Marketing on Social Media: (Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Spotify Ads)
- Pay Per Click (PPC): (Amazon Ads, Walmart ads)
- Affiliate marketing: (Company compensated a third party for generating traffic)
- Native Advertising: (Customized ads depending on the platform it's on)
- Online PR: (Giveaways, Influencers’ content, guest posts about products and services)
- Sponsored Content: (Paid by the advertisers and created and shared by other brands or influencers)
- Programmatic Ads: (Data insights and algorithms are used in programmatic media purchasing to show adverts to the appropriate user at the right moment and at the right price)
- Marketing via Instant Messaging: (Sending text messages on phone to market services and products)
Types of Digital Marketing You Should Do
The type of content you develop is determined by the demands of your audience at various phases of the buyer's journey. To understand what your audience's goals and issues are in connection to your business, start by constructing buyer personas (use free templates). On a fundamental level, your web material should attempt to assist people in achieving their objectives and overcoming obstacles.
After that, consider when they're most likely to be ready to consume this material with respect to where they are in their buyer's journey. This is referred to as content mapping. The purpose of content mapping is to target material based on buyer personas. These are attributes that are used to describe the qualities of the person who will consume it.
What percentage of that individual is on the verge of making a purchase (i.e., their lifecycle stage)?
There are many various formats to test when it comes to the format of your material. At each point of the buyer's journey, we advocate employing the following options:
Stage 1: Awareness
- Posts on a blog when combined with a solid SEO and keyword strategy, it's a great way to boost organic traffic.
- Infographics: They're very shareable, which means they'll help you be noticed on social media if people share your material. (To get started, use these free infographic templates.)
- Videos: Videos that are not very long. Again, videos are incredibly shareable, and putting them on places like YouTube may help your company reach new consumers.
Stage 2: Consideration
- Ebooks: They're great for lead generation since they're usually longer than a blog post or an infographic, so people are more willing to give their contact information in return for it.
- Reports on research: Again, this is a high-value piece of content that is excellent for generating leads. However, because research studies and new data for your business are frequently picked up by the media or industry press, they may also help with the awareness stage.
- Webinars: Webinars are an effective consideration stage content type because they provide more thorough material than a blog post or a short video since they are a more extensive, interactive kind of video content.
Stage 3: Decision-Making
- Case studies: These are a type of case study that is used to detail case studies on your website that may be a beneficial sort of content for individuals who are ready to buy, as it allows you to favorably influence their choice.
- Testimonials: If case studies aren't right for your company, brief testimonials on your website might be a fantastic substitute. Consider testimonials in a broader sense for B2C brands. If you're a clothing company, these may be photographs showing how other people dressed a shirt or dress, taken from a branded hashtag where anybody can contribute.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing has grown in popularity due to its ability to reach a vast number of people, but it also provides a number of additional benefits. These are only a handful of the advantages:
- Efficiency in terms of costs
- Results that can be measured
- Personalization is a lot easier now
- Increased customer interaction
- Conversions that are simple and convenient
They may click a link or bookmark the articles directly down the sales funnel using digital marketing. They may not make a purchase right away, but they will keep in touch with you and allow you to contact them more.
One of the key priorities of practically every company's overall marketing plan should be digital marketing. There has never been a better method to remain in touch with your consumers on a continuous basis, and nothing compares to the amount of personalization that digital data can bring.
You'll be able to achieve your company's development potential the more you embrace the possibilities of digital marketing. And if you’re short-handed on resources to do digital marketing yourself, there are firms that specialize in Digital Marketing. Digital Bowl is a South Florida-based Digital Marketing Agency that serves customers worldwide with Digital Marketing solutions.